Sunday 4 August 2024

My Investment Portfolio - SG (End July 2024)


Transactions:

- Bought 4,500 units of Astrea8A1 4.35%390719 during its IPO
- Bought 2,000 units of Astrea8A2 6.35%390719 during its IPO

Bought Astrea 8 since I need to park my cash somewhere. My last successful application for Tbill was in 31 October 2023, which was a 6 months Tbill. My last Tbill, a 1 year one, had matured on 30 Jul 2024. I have no more Tbills in my portofolio.

Within a short time of a few months, instead of the narrative that rate cuts may not happen in 2024, market has priced in a 100% probability of rate cut happening in Sep 24. Market is also pricing in rate for every fed bank meeting for 2024. I have grown use to seeing such drastic change in market sentiments. This is like flipping prata, we see it in workplaces all the time, the context changes all the time.

In the meantime, I will just take a longer term view and buy fundamentally sounded stocks. Moreover, with the USA elections coming up in November, things will still change and can change drastically with each passing day. With the likely rate cut happening in Sep, I am happy as my portfolio has been positioned for this, with majority purchases in Reits in the last 2 years. Whether there is really a rate cut for every meeting is the big question.

Judging from the recent results and dividends declaration, it looks like my dividends for 2024 will not hit $20,000. I will have to continue and monitor. 

Stay calm and stay vested.

Dividends received* during the month: $0

Total dividends received in 2024: $9,831.63

Average dividends per month^: $819.30

Total Portfolio Market Value: $390,859.33

* Dividends are recognised after payment date. Average dividends per month is calculated by dividing the dividends received by 12 months regardless of the month. 
Portfolio excludes Singapore Savings Bonds, T-bills and Foreign Stocks
Divided by 12 months regardless of month of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment