Saturday 17 December 2022

2022 Review & Dividends

2022 would be remembered for the Russian invasion of Ukraine, President Xi's third term and China 'forced' covid19 loosening policies due to increasing protest and unrest. Ironically, the screening of World Cup allowed Chinese Citizens to start noticing that other countries had opened up, could travel to other countries and gather, and are mostly maskless.

My portfolio value is currently in the green at $330,176.74 as I have put in a capital of $315,670.80. Not impressive as I had expected it to be more green. But I guess, I should be happy that it is green and not red. 

Click to enlarge. Some stats are from stockcafe

In the year of 2022, I have collected a total of $13,471.72 in cash dividends, a 35.1% increase compared to 2021. Being able to hit the milestone of $1,000 dividends per month is a significant milestone for me. The journey has been long with many learning points. Also, I am happy that the portfolio average yield has increased to around 4.6%. 

The dividends amount would have been higher, but I decided to take a long term view and chose scrip shares for Mapletree Industrial Trust on 3 occasions. 


In terms of total dividends collected since I started this journey, I have collected $59,271.31.

This year I made a total of 18 transactions. 14 were buy/add/scrip transactions and 4 sell transactions. While many do not bother to track the number of transactions made, I make it a point to do so on a yearly basis. I do so because if there are too many transactions in a year, it could mean that I am too trigger happy and have not been buying or selling at an optimal quantity to minimise transaction fees. Also, if there more sell transactions, it would mean that I would need to review why. Have I been buying stocks that are not fundamentally sound or did I panic sell? As an investor, I should have more buy compare to sell transactions. 

Concurrently, I am working on my wife's portfolio but the difference is that hers has SSB and T-bills.

Portfolio excludes Singapore Savings Bonds, Foreign Stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment