Friday 2 June 2023

My Investment Portfolio - SG (End May 2023)

 


Transactions made:
- Added 2,000 units of Ascendas Reit at $2.75

The last time I purchased a stock was in Feb. I am glad to have bought something again after three months. Ascendas Reit is a stock in which I had been eyeing and I am glad to have added it as it gives a yield of just above 5%. This purchase is really for the long term as the USA Fed Bank may not be cutting interest rate this year. I had also added more of this stock at $2.69 for my wife's portfolio.

In the meantime, I am keeping a close watch on the other Reits and even Singapore Banks. Mapletree Industrial Trust has dropped quite a fair bit and the price looks so tempting. I might add on the stock next week if it continues to drop. 

As for the Singapore banks, I am keeping a close watch because historically they tend to peak 6 months before USA Fed Bank cut the rates. They have already fallen from the peak and now the question is how much more will the price drop.  I am actually looking at purchasing more DBS at around $25.5 as the price to book ratio will be 1.2 then. Currently, DBS price is at $30.6 with a book value of $21.41. This means its price to book ratio is 1.43, which is above its 5 years average. 

One interesting note. There has been sexy big terms in investing such as Sustainable Investing, Responsible Investing, Eco-Investing, Green Investing and the list goes on and on. Recently, I noticed a new term called Impact Investing. We humans are really good at innovation and marketing. 

Dividends received* during the month: $4,082.18 (Suntec Reit, Astrea 7 Class A-1 Bonds (4.125%), Raffles Medical, DBS, Mapletree Logistics Trust, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Ltd, ComfortDelGro, Wilmar, Keppel Corp, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd)

Total dividends received in 2023: $7,603.03

Average dividends per month^: $633.59

Total Portfolio Market Value: $340,214.4


* Dividends are recognised after payment date. Average dividends per month is calculated by dividing the dividends received by 12 months regardless of the month. 
Portfolio excludes Singapore Savings Bonds, T-bills and Foreign Stocks
Divided by 12 months regardless of month of the year. 

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your listing for users to view your SGX stocks, may guide newbies in their start of investing journey. Would you mind including your foreign stock holdings? Some may want to diversify their investments to the US and HK markets. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete