Thursday 25 June 2020

My Maiden Foreign Stock Purchase: Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO)

After investing in the Singapore Exchange stock market for 9 years, I made my first foreign stock purchase. I procrastinated a long time and it was not an easy decision to make this purchase. There are so many foreign stocks to choose and analyse, exchange rate, withholding tax and brokerage rates to consider. 

So what did I purchase?

I bought 20 units of Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO) at 45.92 USD on 22 Jun. 

I am sure this Coca-Cola Co does not need any introduction as it is a 134 years old beverage company offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. 

I am quite sure all of us have drank their product before multiple times. Their most popular brands are Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Fanta, and Sprite. Coca-Cola Co products include water, enhanced water, and sports drinks; juice, dairy, and plant-based beverages; tea and coffee; and energy drink. 

Some financial data which I pulled up leading me to purchase the stock:

PE Ratio: 19.84
P/B Ratio: 9.96
Net Margin: 26.95%
Annual EPS: $2.07
ROE: 48.92%
ROA: 11.2%
ROI: 19.98%


No comments:

Post a Comment