Thursday 29 February 2024

My Investment Portfolio - SG (End Feb 2024)

 

Stockcafe

Transactions:
- Added 2,500 units of CapitaLand Investment at $2.81

I have been eyeing CapitaLand Investment since it was formed and listed after the demerger from the development business of CapitaLand Limited. For those who remember, this happened in September 2021. I had practically given up hopes on having a holding in this share, until my price alert was triggered after Lunar New Year. On Valentine's Day (14 Feb), I decided to queue for it and my ordered got fulfilled! Such is the wonders of price alerts, there is no need to monitor shares constantly. Just set price alerts and wait.

Meanwhile my overall portfolio is just slightly above the water. The market value of my portfolio is $363,679.31 while my invested capital is $362,976.61. I am not monitoring it as I am mindful that banks will start going down soon, when they XD and when the rate cut starts. If all remains the same, my portfolio will turn red, which is also the time when I should purchase more at a prudent manner. This is because SG stocks will go down when US market start going down. Ironically when US market has been doing so well in recent weeks, STI has either gone down or remained flat. 

Hence, while I will be looking at building up this portfolio, I am mindful that I may have to pace our my purchases. I am also looking forward to receiving a sum of dividends in March to add into my warchest. I have opted for scrip dividends for Mapletree Logistic Trust and am likely to also do so for Lendlease Reit. 

Reminding myself to focus on the long term goal, add on the fundamentally sounded businesses and ignore the short term volatility and noise.

Dividends received* during the month: $173.30 (CapitaLand Ascott Trust)

Total dividends received in 2024: $173.30

Average dividends per month^: $14.44

Total Portfolio Market Value: $363,679.31


* Dividends are recognised after payment date. Average dividends per month is calculated by dividing the dividends received by 12 months regardless of the month. 
Portfolio excludes Singapore Savings Bonds, T-bills and Foreign Stocks
Divided by 12 months regardless of month of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment